Tuesday, September 2, 2008

the best locked-out-of-my-house story E.V.E.R.!

so, we all know that i am prone to locking myself out of places-especially important ones like the car and the house. so me and miranda were leaving my house tonight and i was going to take her back to her dad's down the street. so i lock the front door, walk out, fiddle with my keys for my clicker to unlock the car, and realize...

i am not holding my keys.

i am holding miranda's keys.

oh, expletive.

so after realizing our predicament, miranda's like, are you sure you locked the front door? i am positive, but we check just in case. it's locked.

so then she goes, well, you just put the dogs out-that door's not locked! and i'm like, well, you see...i sort of have two back doors. i have a door with a screen door from the kitchen into the garage, and then a regular door with just a doggy door in it from the garage to the outside. so we decide to make sure the door to outside is locked.

it's locked.

so then...brilliance strikes.

miranda, bless all 5'11" of her, squats down, sticks her arm through the doggy door and up to the lock on the other side of the door. she fiddles a minute, and...

gets it unlocked.

GENIUS. i never would have been able to do that.

it was absolutely the greatest thing ever. we laughed all the way back to her dad's, me giving her props the whole time and talking about what a great story...ah, good times with friends...

0 comments: