Tuesday, June 24, 2008

welcome back, me...

well, here i am. i have been a busy little bee the last several months. as much as i've wanted to, i haven't had time to get on here and post.

i've realized a few things over the last several months. as a budding author hoping to one day be published, i am finally understanding just how much truth there is in the statement that you should write what you know. talking about NICU is an every day thing for me: i forget that most of the population never enters the mysterious world that is such an intimate part of my life, and they are fascinated by the stories i tell. so that's what this is now. this is my new decompression device to process what happens at work. i'm going to use this to practice my writing. feel free to comment, critique, or add your stories. i pray these stories are an inspiration to someone.

i suppose i feel somewhat like the character John Boy in the old series The Waltons. he loved to write, but the only thing he knew where the stories of his family and of growing up during the Great Depression. so he wrote...and wrote...and wrote. and he graduated from college and became published.

so let me welcome you (with the utmost respect and commitment to my patients' privacy and to HIPAA regulations that guide my practice) to my world.

0 comments: