Tuesday, November 6, 2007

you know those days when nothing seems to go right?

so, last night was a great night...i was working near a good friend and right in the same area as two others (our unit is split into five different pods that hold 5-10 patients apiece). we were having a grand time laughing, talking to families, and doing everything else you do to keep yourself awake after two o'clock in the morning. things were going along dandy until about 5:30. all of a sudden, it seemed like i had everything to do and no time to do it. draw labs, get kids their last diaper change and temp check, close out charts, feed a baby (which i did like 30 minutes late, but he was sleeping and he needed rest!), give antibiotics, and finish charting. ugh. suffice it to say, i gave perhaps the worst report of my life to the nurse who oriented me for ten weeks, realized that i didn't put in orders, forgot to give a kid a suppository, one of my chest xrays wasn't done...you get the picture. i came home really frustrated. i wanted to cry. i didn't--i got in bed and turned my heating pad on and cuddled with my puppies and went to sleep.

woke up a little more refreshed. they brought my service flag for my brother today...super exciting. i have it hanging in my window now. it's a vertical rectangular shape-there's a heavy red border, and then the middle is white with a blue star in the middle of it to signify that a member of my family is serving in the military in a time of war. i got my mom one too, but she won't know until she gets it in the mail. i'm really excited...i think she'll like it.

sorry...needed to vent a little. more later...

0 comments: