Wednesday, July 2, 2008

grass in my nose, dirt in my toes...i am SHE-RA!

so it's been a while since i mowed my yard...a while enough that it was roughly the same height as me (ok, maybe an exaggeration, but it was definitely too long). so when i got home from work, i ran my rent check to my landlord's house and then came home. after lifting my manual garage door up by myself, i went out to the back and brought the mower up to the front. i then proceeded to crank it BY MYSELF ON THE FIRST TRY and then mow the whole front and back yard in about an hour. the whole time i was kind of just grinning to myself and thinking i was pretty much hot stuff.

came back in and texted a good friend, "i am SHE-RA!" (She-Ra is my Superwoman alter ego). she told me i was funny. and then, out of nowhere...God decided to remind me just how amazing He thinks i am. i had an epiphany...here's my texted realization.

God gives me my she-ra moments to remind me that i can be strong and do anything i want, just me and Him. i can be proud of myself for doing stuff as a single woman. men are nice, but i have the ability to be confident in MYSELF and not need a man to reassure me and boost my self-worth. i can do lots of things...start the lawnmower on the first try and mow the whole yard, live by myself and not be scared when i'm the only one in the house in the middle of the night and it's not on an upper floor. i am beautiful even in a messed-up ponytail with sweat and dirt streaking my face, wearing paint-stained nike shorts and a sports bra. i can be a woman and still be myself. i can wear makeup and not be using it to hide myself.

in short...I ROCK!!!

0 comments: